Friday, January 16, 2009

Beautiful, winter-y, cold, windy afternoons



When Dan got home from work he was anxious to go up to the lake and get rid of about 4 full loaves of heels we'd been saving. Why don't people enjoy eating the heels of bread..??? Add that to a couple loaves we took on our trip for sandwiches that we never ate, but got put into the ice chest with apples & oranges so they smelled kinda uckie. Ducks don't care about that kinda stuff, unlike us picky humans.

It seemed like a nice winter-y afternoon, not too cold. Once we got to the lake it was FREEZING! The wind was blowing so hard that it almost blew my cap off. Kyle and I headed down to the lake to feed the ducks while Dan walked Tucker. Every time I tried to throw a handful for broken bread pieces, the wind would blow it in a different direction! You gotta love the wind. Boy was it cold!

Before leaving I noticed the sunset, and how beautiful the small taint of red was as it was setting...LOVE winter-y, cold days.
Photobucket

3 comments:

stacy said...

i like the crust...toasted. haha!
that is such a beautiful and it doesn't look as cold as you're discribing. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics. I wish you would post more of what it is like there with the weather and all. I want to see what you are living every day. love you, me

Shelly Hanson said...

Wow...that's a beautiful shot Erin. I want my EOS back!!!!