Friday, January 16, 2009

For Christine



Last year Jessica called and said "Mom, do you know snowflakes really are shaped like snowflakes". We laughed about that for awhile. You know, I've seen a lot of snow in my days, but I never really thought about it. You could say I had somewhat of a 'blonde' moment. Sorry, no pun intended :)

Wish I had a macro lens, then you would have really seen these up close! We had some super dry snow fall, about 8-10 inches actually. I bundled up with the camera and got a glimpse of the real snow flakes. Pretty cool huh?


Christine, this is the view from our balcony-this was just as the snow was starting to fall. It snowed all day, and all night! By morning, we had snow everywhere. Luckily it was so dry that you could just brush it off the car instead of having to scrape scrape scrape and hope you could see through your windshield.

This was two days ago. It got down to about 5 degrees during the night, and about 22 during the day. On those types of days, I don't go out much unless its to take the kids or pick them up from school. And if you notice, the view from our balcony isn't all that impressive..unless you want to see the liquor store directly across the street :) So, two days ago it was 5-20 something with heavy snow...and today, BRIGHT AND SUNNY, and 56 degrees! All the snow was melting and it was a beautiful day. I have been so focused on getting 'everyday life shots' that I've been neglecting our surroundings. Thank you for that reminder!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! This is so awesome Erin. I love the little snowflakes and the view from your window looks SO cold. I can't believe you have that much snow. I feel so special. :)

love ya, me

Unknown said...

Wow! I really didn't know that either. ha ha
Now I know what project 365 is too. Your family sure is getting more gorgeous everytime I come here!

Stewarts said...

WOW! Those flakes are beautiful! It almost makes me miss winter weather. Not enough to move to it but maybe to visit it! ;)

stacy said...

they DO look like snow flakes! so cool! cool picture, makes me glad to be in AZ. hahah!